Home > For International Students
Korean Language Program
The Korean Language Program, offered by the Geumgang Language Center, is open to those foreign students, including ethnic Koreans, who are interested in the Korean language and culture. Applicants must be fluent speakers of English, Japanese, or Chinese, and they should
- (1) be currently enrolled in university studies
- (2) be on leave from university studies, or
- (3) have graduated from university.
This program has primarily been designed with a view to promoting a better understanding of Korean culture on the part of foreigners and to creating an environment where Korean students will be exposed to foreign languages (English, Japanese, and Chinese) and cultures.
Admission to the Program
The successful applicant will be offered a furnished dormitory room, which is shared with a Korean student. Moreover, they will receive further financial support provided that they meet the scholarship regulations of the Geumgnag Language Center.
I. Application and Screening Procedure
- A. Documents Required
- (1) A Korean language application form (download)
- (2) A dormitory application form (download)
- (3) A statement of purpose (download)
- (4) A Student consent form (download)
- (5) An official enrollment(completion) certificate from the last school attended.
- (6) An official academic transcript from the last school attended.
- (7) A letter of recommandation from applicant's professor or boss(if you're not a student currently)
- (8) A copy of the applicant's passport and (if possible) alien registration card
- (9) A certificate of health (download)
- (10) 6 Identification photographs (3cmx4cm, Including 2 photos on applications)
- (11) A link(address) of a movie clip introducing yourself in English(NOT a movie clip itself)
- B. Screening procedure.
- (1) Application period
For Spring semester, from November to December
For Fall semester, from May to June
- (2) Submitting E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Mail to "Geumgang Language Center of Geumgang University, 522 Sangweol-ro, Sangweol-myeon, Nonsan-si, Chungnam, 320-931, South Korea."
- (3) Screening
(a) The committee evaluate the applicants based on the documents submitted and phone-interview(if necessary)
(b) Notifying and sending the certificate of admission on the beginning of July and January
- (4) Applying for a visa
On receiving the certificate of admission, applicants need to apply for a visa to Korean embassy(legation) in their country(The list of required documents is different according to the country, so please inquire the list to the designated embassy)
- (5) Health insurance
All students participating in the Korean language program, should apply for Korean insurance which is available in Korea immediately. Insurance fee is approximately 200,000 KRW for 6 months.
- (1) Application period
II. Program Description
The Korean Language Program is offered twice a year during the spring semester and the fall semester, each of which consists of a 15-week session. Classes are offered at three level: beginner, intermediate and advanced level of proficiency. After successfully completing each level, students will receive a certificate of completion.
- A. Levels Offered
- (1) Beginner Level
- (2) Intermediate Level
- (3) Advanced Level
- B. Course Duration
- (1) Spring session: Starts from March 1st and lasts for 15 weeks.
- (2) Fall session: Starts from September 1st and lasts for 15 weeks.
- C. Class Schedules
- (1) Classes meet four days a week, from Tuesday through Friday.
- (2) Korean Cultural classes are offered one time in a month.
- D. Expenses and Scholarships(1 semester)
- Tuition : 1,500,000 KRW
- Cultural classes tuition : 60,000 KRW(15,000 KRW * 4times)
- Books : 70,000 KRW
- Meals : 2,500 KRW/Each Meal
- Dormitory fee : 525,000 KRW
- Dormitory membership fee : 25,000 KRW
- Insurance fee : Approximately 200,000 KRW (6 months)
- Alien registration fee : 60,000 KRW (Immigration office)
- A tuition will be covered as a scholarship
III. Further Information
For further information, please visit the home page (http://www.ggu.ac.kr) or contact at:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Tel: +82-41-731-3013
- Fax: +82-41-731-3049